The Foundation for Critical Thinking is offering six online courses :
- How to Infuse Critical Thinking Into Your Instruction
2. Tools for Taking Charge of Your Learning and Your Life
Classes 1 and 2 begin January 25, 2022. Click on the URL for more information about those courses and registration: https://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/online-courses-for-instructors/574/
Classes 3-4 begin in April, Classes 5-6 begin in May. Go to the following URL for more information: https://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/online-workshops-spring-2022/1520#why-critical-thinking-is-difficult-for-the-human-species-dr-paul-bankes
The site lists these benefits of taking these courses:
• Work on your own time.
• Live Socratic discussions [I find this particularly interesting. It is a great way to learn how to do it as you undergo the method yourself.]
• Learn from first-generation Paulian Scholars. [Dr. Richard Paul is the founder of the Foundation.]
• Earn university credits (CEUs) for classes 1 & 2.
NOTE: This is not an endorsement, merely an announcement. I have attended many Foundation conferences but have never taken a class from either of these instructors, except for Gerald Nosich, who is excellent (Course #3 . That said, if you are interested in learning more about critical thinking and acquiring some great teaching tools , I recommend looking into these classes, as well as the Foundation’s other courses, conferences, and books.